HISTORY

Chartered in 1857, FUMC, Weatherford is a wonderful group of very caring Christians. Everyone receives a friendly welcome to our services and activities AND we encourage our members to be in ministry to our community and the world. We support many local missions with our money and our time; programs such as direct aid ministries, the battered women's shelter, the crisis response team, meals on wheels, emergency aid for children, the local Wesley Foundation, scholarships at Weatherford College, and help for transients in need. We also do our part in supporting the United Methodist connectional ministries.


Our sanctuary is a magnificent old building with an historic marker. Construction was begun in 1889 and finished in 1893. Our Education Building was completed in 1930. The south addition to the Education Building was completed in 1954, along with a complete renovation of the Sanctuary. Our newest addition, completed in 2000, is our Family Life Center. It was designed in such a way that it complements the sanctuary and makes the whole complex very attractive.